In this particular recipe, I used Annie Chun’s Chinese Stir-fry sauce as the main condiment and Quorn Tenders as an extra added boost of protein and nutrients. Generally, tofu is a great protein but I wanted to add a bit more to this dish and Quorn nuggets are also very satisfying and gives it a bit more nutrients.
1 Cup Organic Tofu (medium-firm), diced into cubes
3 Tablespoons Annie Chuns Chinese Stir-fry sauce
1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
A dash of brown sugar for taste
* Traditional Chinese food is prepared by sauteeing the garlic first and seasoning the ingredients with salt and pepper. Then stir fry for a minute or two to draw out the natural fragrance and flavor of each ingredient.
– Add Oil to sauce pan or wok and heat. Reduce heat to medium.
– Add garlic and saute until lightly browned but not burned.
– Add Quorn Tenders and follow cooking directions on package (about 10 minutes total).
– Add Sesame Oil, Salt, and Pepper and stir fry thoroughly.
– Add more oil if necessary
– Add Green Beans and stir fry together. (Add the Green Beans about halfway through cooking the Quorn Tenders)
– Add Annie Chuns sauce and stir ingredients thoroughly to coat all of the ingredients.
– Add Tofu and stir fry together gently.
– Add sugar according to taste.
– Cover and let the ingredients soften for about 3 -5 minutes.
– Remove cover and stir fry gently again.
– Ready to eat and enjoy!
This dish is best served with hot, steaming rice. You can always add/delete ingredients according to taste.