Mothers Day is on May 10, and it’s coming up ladies and gentlemen! With less than two weeks away, you still have time to plan for that very important date. And a note to all the dads out there – this year your child will not be bringing home a Mothers Day craft from school. It’s up to you to figure something out with your children 🙂
But never fear! I’ve listed some cool, crafty, and heartwarming ideas you can do this Mothers Day. Remember that moms (or any mother figures you have) just really want to know you care about them and appreciate them. I know that’s what I think 🙂 When you think about it, any kind of gift will suffice as long as you consider what your mom really wants or needs. Gifting something from your heart is more important than any fancy jewelry or chocolate. Of course, if your mom really loves jewelry or chocolate then that’s the obvious choice.
There are tons of ideas you can do for Mother Day this year. Don’t let the “shelter at home” deter you from thinking up something creative that only your mom will understand. Aside from the usual drawings and cards that your kids can make, below I’ve suggested other simple yet thoughtful gifts you can give this year.
MOTHERS DAY GIFT IDEAS:
– Subscription Boxes. These curated and special gift boxes have been around for awhile now so there are plenty of companies to choose from. We want to be able to give mom a subscription box that is meaningful and good for the planet. Some great subscription box companies include:
Causebox (https://causebox.com/) – this women-owned charity driven subscription brand promises that each product within their gift boxes gives back to specifically chosen charities. They support small businesses and their products are ethically and sustainably made. You can choose either quarterly or yearly subscriptions and their intro boxes are usually filled with at least 4-5 full size and well-received products.
Love With Food (https://lovewithfood.com/) – this fun subscription box service curates healthier options than other food subscription services. With famous healthier brands such as Tillamook, Popchips, Late July, and MadeGood, there’s no doubt mom will find something that she likes in these boxes. There’s even a gluten-friendly box which is something that other conventional brands don’t offer.
Target Beauty Boxes (https://www.target.com/b/target-beauty-box/-/N-9nty6?lnk=snav_rd_beauty_box) – this sample sized beauty box is perfect for anyone who wants to try out a new brand or product. Moms will love this beauty box because the curated products are also sold at Target. That’s a win-win, right? And, you can also include a Target gift card inside the box so mom can buy something that she might like from the samples. Beauty boxes include a “clean” box filled with ingredients that are healthier for mom and for the planet.
– Aromatherapy. Giving a gift of aromatherapy will help your mom relax during these stressful times. Especially if she’s homeschooling your kids and participating in these distance learning that most schools are offering. Aromatherapy includes natural essential oils, diffusers, and candles. Aromatherapy is a therapeutic treatment meant to either relax or reduce stress and fatigue. The best form of aromatherapy is essential oils. Essential oils are derived from the form of the plants so be sure to pick up brands that use only plants and nothing else. A great way of using essential oils is with a diffuser. Diffusers are best when they are heated as they slowly release the scent into the air, thus causing therapeutic effects. You can find diffusers online at Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, and any other stores that carry home goods.
– Chore Coupons. Okay, I don’t know any mom who wouldn’t appreciate a chore list coupon. Chore list coupons are lists that your kids can come up with to help around the house. Chores depend on age and ability, but should include something that can help alleviate mom from some of her own chores. For example, you can include washing dishes, sweeping the yard, cooking, or folding laundry. These are all simple and time-saving chores for mom. Include a small booklet of chores that your child can write on and have mom choose the specific chore from the booklet and tear out the “coupon”.
– Classes. Is your mom interested in learning a new skill or lesson? Perhaps she’s always wanted to learn how to knit or speak a different language. Give your mom lessons that you think she’d be interested in. This will help her get out of the house and learn something that can bring her joy. Find classes at local colleges or community centers. You can sign up months ahead so there are spaces available.
– Books. Most people can agree that books are truly the best gift. Whether it’s an e-book or a traditional paper book, books can bring countless hours of joy and escape for moms. Pick out some books from her favorite authors or help her find some new authors and genres. Great books can be found at Barnes and Noble and Amazon, or if you an support a local bookstore in your area, try buying from them.
– Plants. Home grown flowers, fruit, and vegetables are the best way to ensure the food you grow are controlled by you. Give your mom easy to grow plants such as lavender, sunflower, and daisies. Popular and fast growing vegetables and herbs include mint, cilantro, tomatoes, cucumbers, and for a truly refreshing and unique herb try lemon balm. This delicious and fragrant herb smells like minty lemons – just as the name implies. You can find most plants at big warehouse stores such as Home Depot and Lowe’s as well as online nurseries such as Proven Winners (https://www.provenwinners.com/), American Meadows (https://www.americanmeadows.com/), and Armstrong Gardens (https://www.armstronggarden.com/). Plants can last for many years and if you take care of them, they will provide lasting enjoyment throughout the years.
– Personalized Photo Books. Have you ever tried a personalized photo book? You know, the ones where you upload all of the photos on a photo site and then choose the theme and text. They are incredibly fun and you might need some help from dad for this one. Shutterfly (https://www.shutterfly.com/) is a very popular photo site and there are tons of various themes and ideas to create photo books. In fact, while you’re on the site, you can also try any other photo gifts for mom. What mom wouldn’t love a keepsake photo gift?
So, this Mothers Day, try and think up fun and different ways you can show mom just how much you love and appreciate her. It could be anything simple or as fancy as you want to make it.
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!
Disclaimer: The product(s)were sent to the author for review by the manufacturer/PR. All reviews on “Happymomblogger” remain unbiased and unpaid and are the sole decision of the author. The opinions of these product(s) were not influenced in any way, shape, or form. As always, please read the ingredients carefully when trying new products.
Please read the labels and ingredients carefully and follow all manufacturer’s instructions (if any). The products selected for the giveaway were generously donated by the companies/PR to help readers learn more about their products. The winner’s choice in using/consuming these products are entirely up to the winner and will not hold the author and her family liable nor the companies/PR liable. These products are made with non-toxic ingredients but always be safe with what you use and consume.